CCSO Incident Reports
Cannon County Sheriff's Deputies Patrick Fann, Eric Moss, and Tommy Barker went to 903A Old McMinnville Hwy on May 4, 2010 in an attempt to locate Johnny Hollis. A female answered the door, said Hollis was not there, and allowed the deputies into the house to look around. They saw Hollis, who briefly attempted to evade, and put up a struggle when arrested. Hollis was found to be in possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fixed-blade knife over 4 inches.
• Deputy Tommy Barker responded to a hit and run accident on May 7, 2010 at the WPD where Josh Davenport explained that he was sideswiped by a tan Ford belonging to James Pendergrass as he was turning onto John Bragg Hwy. Davenport reported that the driver flipped him off as he drove away and was displaying tag 908-PVD. Barker took photos of Davenport's vehicle.
The tag came up for a tan Ford registered to James Pendergrass of 5489 McMinnville Hwy. Barker and Moss went to the residence and saw the damaged Ford with bits of paint from Davenport's vehicle. Pendergrass was seen sleeping in the house but could not be awoken to speak to officers. Barker went back the following day and spoke with Mr. Pendergrass who had no recollection of an accident.
Barker asked if Pendergrass had drank alcohol that night and he said he drinks every day. He also stated that he didn't have a license or insurance. A warrant was issued and Pendergrass was arrested for accidents involving damage to a vehicle.
• Warrants were issued for burglary and theft under $500 for Brenda and Richard Mathis on May 6, 2010 following an investigation by deputy Matthew Parsley and Vance Walker. Darren Jacobs of 10950 Jim Cummings Hwy. reported that a stick welder had been taken from his property and pawned by the Mathis couple. Deputy Parsley recovered the welder.
• Deputy Eric Moss responded to a vehicle theft at 951 Judge Purser Rd on May 7, 2010. Barry Bogle explained that Craig Boyd's truck was sitting outside his shop to have some work done but it was found to be missing that morning. The truck did not run at the time. The truck is a maroon Chevy pickup with a black stripe and Harley-Davidson stickers.
• Deputy Steve McMillen responded to dogs at large at Auburntown School on May 6, 2010. Danny Gaiter at 51 Cooper Ave said some dogs were loose, McMillen went to 35 Cooper Ave and advised Josh Woodrow to keep his dogs put up.
• Deputies Eric Moss and Patrick Fann served an arrest warrant for violation of probation out of Warren Co. on Sarah Renee Grizzle. Deputies went to 406 Todd Rd on May 4, 2010, took Mrs. Grizzle into custody, and transported her to Warren Co.
• Deputies Tommy Barker and Eric Moss went to 6299 Hollow Springs Rd on May 4, 2010 to serve an attachment warrant on Tony Lynn McPeak from Warren Co.
• Deputy Matt Parsley went to 101 Gassaway Main Street on May 4, 2010 and served outstanding arrest warrants for criminal trespassing and reckless endangerment on Justin Todd.
• Albert Summers served a violation of probation warrant on John R Reeves on May 5, 2010.
• Deputy Steve McMillen took a theft report on May 6, 2010 from Roy Smith at 153 Old Quarry Rd. Smith reported that someone had taken 14 tractor weights from his place of business.
• Albert Summers served a warrant for theft under $500 on Joseph Addison Edwards on May 6, 2010.
• Mark Thomas served a warrant on David Wayne Seiber for violation of probation on May 3, 2010.
• Mark Thomas served a warrant on Ila Kay Smith for violation of probation on May 4, 2010.
• Deputy Tommy Barker picked up Minica Locklear at the Rutherford Line and transported her to the CCSO booking room on May 10, 2010.
Officers responded to a truck striking a guide wire to en electric pole at Regions Bank on May 08, 2010. The pole shook and a transformer fell and broke. Middle TN Electric was first to the scene to make sure there was no danger of electrical shock.