CCSO Incidents for 04.13.2010
• Deputies Anthony Young and Steve McMillen responded to a violent dispute at 118 Melton Lane on April 7, 2010 where Charles Roberts Sr. and Charles Roberts Jr. had gotten into a fight over some pit bulls chewing up Roberts Sr.'s motorcycle. Three pit bulls had chewed up several parts of Sr.'s bike and he was whipping them to correct them.
Roberts Jr. objected and the two got into a serious fight involving a number of weapons; a kaiser blade, a shovel, possibly a pistol was involved. Roberts Sr. was bloodied as was the kitchen of the household.
Deputies noticed marijuana leaves sitting in plain sight and received consent to search the residence. The search yielded a number of bags of marijuana, seeds, paraphernalia, and possible growing equipment. Roberts Sr. explained that he smoked marijuana for a medical condition for which his medication did not work well.
Evidence was collected and Charles Roberts Sr. was charged with release citations for simple possession and paraphernalia while Roberts Jr. was arrested and charged with simple possession, paraphernalia, and aggravated domestic assault.
• Deputies Tommy Barker and Eric Moss approached a parked vehicle on Big Hill road on April 7, 2010. The tags for the vehicle did not match and were expired. Inside were Dennis Jenkins and Linda Parrott who had noticeably been drinking. Driver Jenkins failed a field sobriety test and was charged with DUI while passenger Linda Parrott was found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana.
• Deputy Tommy Barker responded to a break in that had already occurred at 1499 blue Hill Rd. on April 6, 2010. Alicia Templeton reported that she'd left the residence at around 0530 and the door was locked but came back at 1730 to find it wide open. Noting seemed to be missing but the food cabinets looked to have been gone through. Ms. Templeton was advised to contact the CCSO is anything was found missing.
• Lt. Brad Hall took a report on a house fire at 141 Hollow Springs Rd on April 7, 2010. Lynn Martelle explained that she and her husband had left on March 30, 2010 to work out of town but when they got home around found that a fire had burned in their house. Mrs. Martelle believes a space heater could have been left on and caused the fire.
• Deputy Steve McMillen mediated a dispute on April 7, 2010 between Gene Howland, who had purchased the 115 Center Hill property from the state, and Shirley Robinson who previously owned it. Robinson had returned to dig up a few plants she'd put there previously and Howland was alright with it after he understood what she was doing.
• Deputy Brandon Mimms mediated a property recovery on April 8, 2010 between Anthony Lattimore and his parents Judy and Robert Johnson. The group had gotten into an argument and Lattimore wished to recover his things that were at Johnson's house. The property was recovered and neither party is supposed to go on the other's property again.
• Deputy Brandon Mimms met with Misty Dodd at the CCSO about an unwanted guest on April 8, 2010. Dodd said her ex-husband Mark had been staying at her home and had wrecked her truck and she'd been letting him stay there because he had no where to go but now she wanted him out. Mimms went to examine the vehicle damage and explained that she needed a proper eviction notice to remove Mark.
• Deputy Randy Neal responded to a vehicle fire at 1373 Burt Burgen Rd on April 9, 2010. James Bertram had noticed smoke coming from the engine while driving and found it on fire when he pulled over. The fire dept. put the fire out and Pelham's towed the vehicle.
• Deputies Matt Parsley and Brandon Gullett assisted Southern Home Movers getting a home moved through Cannon from Warren through to Rutherford on April 8, 2010.
• Deputy Randy Neal took a report of a stolen vehicle from Jacob Bryson at 5424 McMinnville Hwy on April 9, 2010. His 2007 Chevy Impala had been stolen.
• Deputy Randy Neal responded to trespassing at 3378 Jimtown Rd. on April 9, 2010. Todd Baxter explained that there were two people riding horses on his property that day and that lots of people had been cutting his fence and riding horses and fourwheelers on his property.
• Deputies Eric Moss and Tommy Barker assisted DeKalb County in apprehending Jeremy Bilbrey for violation of bond conditions on April 9, 2010.
• Deputy Randy Neal took a report at 2754 Eugene Hill Road for possible stolen property. Michael Bray had bought a 26" TV on eBay and when it arrived all the serial numbers were removed. Bray did not want stolen property in his home. Neal attempted to make contact with eBay seller Steve Wallace but was unable.
• Deputy Eric Moss responded to a 911 hang up at 1200 Vanhooser Rd. Ricky Vinson was charged with domestic assault on April 10, 2010. His brother also came into the CCSO and reported that Ricky had stolen his identity.
• Deputy Tommy Barker picked up Jennifer Countryman from the Coffee County Sheriff's Office for a violation of probation warrant in Cannon on April 10, 2010.
• Deputy Randy Neal stopped two fourwheelers on the road on April 10, 2010 and noticed that one of them, Mr. Adams, had a warrant out. He was arrested and booked for violation of probation.
• Deputy Eric Moss checked out a vehicle partially parked in the street on April 11, 2010. Robert Clark Green was found to have a warrant out for failure to register as a sex offender in DeKalb. Marijuana and paraphernalia was also found. Green was charged with simple possession and paraphernalia and a hold was placed for DeKalb.
• Lt. Brad Hall took a theft report from Jim Adcock at the CCSO on April 12, 2010. Adcock's weedeaters and a vehicle battery charger were missing from his garage.
• Deputy Brandon Gullett responded to several unwanted guests at 1028 Manustown Rd. on April 12, 2010. Johnny Hollis and Stephanie Mooneyham were in a 2007 Chevy Impala which came back stolen out of Cannon County.