Election Commission Establishes Web Site
Monday, January 25, 2010 4:40 pm
The Cannon County Election Commission has established a Web site to provide information to voters and candidates.
The Web site already features an up-to-date list of those persons who have picked up qualifying petitions to run in the Aug. 5 General Election.
The address of the Election Commission's new site is cannoncountyelection.blogspot.com.
Two persons obtained qualifying petitions Monday:
• Clint Higgins, for County Commissioner, District 4.
• Nolan Travis Jr., for County Trustee.
So far a total of 44 persons had requested and received petitions from the Election Commission Office to run in the General Election in August. In addition to those previously listed, their names and the offices they are attempting to qualify for are:
• Kim Bailey, County Executive.
• Mike Gannon, County Executive.
• Rebekah Parton, County Executive.
• Ronnie Pittman, County Executive.
• Dotty Duggin, County Trustee.
• James Maxwell, County Trustee.
• Michael D. Nichols, County Trustee.
• Brenda Witty, County Trustee.
• Bobby Smith, County Court Clerk.
• Chris Blackburn, School Board, 2nd District.
• Roy Parker, School Board, 5th District.
• Howard Mike Grosch, County Sheriff.
• Billy Nichols, County Sheriff.
• Darrell Young, County Sheriff.
• Clarence Mark Barker, County Commission, 1st District.
• Marilyn Bloodworth, County Commission, District 1.
• Nathan Nichols, County Commission, 1st District.
• Anna Pittman, County Commission, 1st District.
• James Russell Reed, County Commission, 1st District.
• Karen Ashford, County Commission, 2nd District.
• Todd Hollandsworth, County Commission, 2nd District.
• Kevin George, County Commission, 3rd District.
• Greg Rigsby, County Commission, 3rd District
• Neal Applebaum, County Commission, 4th District
• Joe Wimberly, County Commission, 4th District.
• Gregory Fauls, County Commission, 5th District
• James Jones, County Commission, 5th District.
• Kevin Mooneyham, County Commission, 5th District
• Paul Nickerson, County Commission, 5th District.
• Bob Stoetzel, County Commission, District 5.
• Debbie Morris, Register of Deeds.
• Greg S. Mitchell, Register of Deeds.
• Lynne Foster, Circuit Court Clerk.
• Donnie Morris, Circuit Court Clerk
• Jim Gibbs, Constable 1st District.
• Russell Paschal, Constable, District 1.
• Tom Ganoe, Constable, 2nd District.
• Kevin Duncan, Constable, 3rd District.
• Adam Melton, Constable, 5th District.
• Jason Pittman, Road Commissioner, District 2.
The General Election is scheduled for Aug. 5. The deadline to turn in qualifying petitions is April 1 at noon.
The Election Commission Office issued a clarification to the effect that persons who are seeking signatures for their petitions running for school board, county commissioner or road commission must obtain signatures must obtain signatures from persons who live in the district seat for which they are running.