DUI Suspect Caught After Fleeing From Deputy
Wednesday, December 1, 2010 2:24 pm
A Murfreesboro man was charged Sunday with evading arrest by the Cannon County Sheriff's Department.
Garrett W. Shirley, 1935 Westerwald Dr., Murfreesboro, was charged with felony evasion, DUI 2nd offense and violation of the implied consent law on Nov. 28 by CCSD Sgt. Anthony Young. Shirley allegedly tried to evade arrest by using his motor vehicle to flee the scene (Dickens Hill Rd.) where he was found passed out behind the steering wheel of his vehicle. He was told several times to turn his vehicle off and exit it. Bond was set at $8,500. Initial court date is Jan. 11.
In other recent law enforcement incidents involving officers of the CCSD and Woodbury Police Dept.:
• Jonathan Wayne Kestner, 124 Mealowbrook Dr., Woodbury, was charged with disorderly conduct on Nov. 24 by WPD Ptl. Patrick Fann. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Jan. 25.
• Perry A. Stembridge, 577 Goodridge Rd., Woodbury, was arrested on Nov. 19 on charges of forgery and theft over $1,000 by CCSD Sgt. Anthony Young. Bond was set at $6,500. Initial court date is Dec. 14.
• William Trevor Rein, 235 Vinewood Road, Apt. F-3, McMinnville, was charged with simple possession of K3 (a synthetic marijuana) on Nov. 26 by WPD Sgt. John House. Initial court date is Dec. 14.
• Christopher John Mick, 1235 Big Hurricane Road, Smithville, was charged with speeding (81/55) on Highway 96 on Nov. 25 by CCSD Deputy Reed Bryson. Initial court date is Jan. 4.
• Pamela Diane Lefever, 5962 Pleasantville Dr., Murfreesboro, was charged with theft of property under $500 by WPD Ptl. Brent Brock on Nov. 22. Lefever allegedly took merchandize from a shelf at Woodbury Co-op, entered the rest room, and returned an empty box back to the shelf. When confronted by an employee Lefever left the property in a vehicle. The merchandise was valued at $3.64. Bond was set at $1,800. Initial court date is Dec. 21.