DUI Charges Levied Against Two Men
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:39 am
Two men were charged recently with DUI and other offenses by local law enforcement officers.
• Jeremy D. Sissom, 319 Jay Circle, Woodbury, was charged with DUI 1st Offense, Driving on a Revoked License 3rd Offense, Violation of the Implied Consent law, Speeding (76/55) and Violation of the Financial Responsibility law on Nov. 18 by Trooper Al Seitner of the THP. Trooper Seitner stopped the vehicle Sissom was driving on U.S. 70S for speeding. While talking to Sissom, the trooper could smell a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage about his person. Sissom performed poorly on all four field sobriety tests administered by Trooper Seitner. His license was revoked and he refused to submit to a blood alcohol content test. Bond was set at $9,000. Initial court date is Dec. 20.
• Robert Michael Wimberly, 1815 Doolittle Rd., Woodbury, was charged with DUI 1st Offense, Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Speeding on Nov. 25 by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House. Wimberly was clocked with radar doing 37 in a 20 mph zone on South College St. He had in his possession three Diazepam 10 mg., 1 ½ Suboxone 8 mg. and one Alprazolam 1 mg. Also in his possession were a glass meth pipe with burnt residue and several cut straws with powdery residue on them. Wimberly was unable to perform field sobriety tests to the satisfaction of Sgt. House. Initial court date is Jan. 24.
• Samuel Cruz Gallegos, 501 South Ridge Dr., D-1, Woodbury, was charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana on Nov. 24 by Woodbury Police Patrolman John Fesmire. Gallegos was a passenger in a vehicle Patrolman Fesmire stopped on McFerrin St. for failure to signal a turn. Upn Patrolman Fesmire starting a consensual search, Gallegos handed the officer a small amount of marijuana. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Jan. 24.
• Christopher A. Hoover, 814 South McCrary St., Woodbury, was charged with Driving on a Revoked License, 4th Offense, on Nov. 25 on Trooper Al Seitner of the Tennessee Highway Patrol. Hoover was stopped by Trooper Seitner on U.S. 70S for a muffler violation. Hoover also was unable to provide proof of insurance. Initial court date is Dec. 13.
• Barry Wayne Bynum, 511 McFerrin St., Woodbury, was charged with Criminal Conspiracy and Theft Over $1,000 on Nov. 28. He was also served two Capias warrants for Failure to Appear on that date. Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Mike Smith obtained the Criminal Conspiracy and Theft warrants on Sept. 4 following an investigation of an incident which reportedly occurred on Aug. 20. It is alleged that Bynum, along with two other individuals, Corey Ferrell and Kayla Chumley, each acted jointly to steal property, including electric saws and a pistol. Initial court date is Dec. 6.
• William E. Eisenmann, 4436 Hurricane Creek Rd., Woodbury, was charged with Aggravated Burglary on Nov. 19. The alleged crime occurred on or about Oct. 27, according to the warrant obtained by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Travis Turney. Bond was set at $15,000. Initial court is Dec. 6.