When Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Matthew Parsley visited the Quick Stop Market on Oct. 22, his intention was to pick up a chicken dinner.
However, according to a report Deputy Parsley filed, while he was there the clerk handed him a small baggie containing a green leafy substance, believed to be marijuana.
The clerk advised Parsley that a customer had found the baggie on the floor and gave it to the clerk.
Parsley took possession of the baggie and its contents and took it to the sheriff's department to be entered into evidence and destroyed.
In other recent incidents reported by the CCSD and the Woodbury Police Department:
• Nathan Davis, 1058 Hollow Springs Rd., Woodbury, was charged with simple possession on Oct. 21. Davis was observed by CCSD Deputy Brandon Gullett driving his car into a field off Highway 53S, just off Myrtle Rd., with "a spoon with melted pill residue and pill on it. The spoon was burnt on the bottom and a loaded syringe with blue liquid in it was also found in his possession." Initial court date is Dec. 7.
• Johnny Michael Howard, 235 Billings Rd., Sparta, was charged with a second offense of Driving Under the Influence and Driving While License Revoked by Deputy Brandon Mims on Oct. 23. Howard was driving his Dodge truck on Short Mountain Hwy. (S.R. 146) when he blew out a tire, drove the vehicle on its rim, and ran off into the grass on the right side of the roadway. Deputy Mims could smell an odor of an intoxicating beverage about Howard's person, and admitted to Mims he had been consuming alcohol. Bond was set at $5000. Initial court date is Dec. 7.
• Belinda Johnson, 3255 Iconium Rd., Woodbury, was charged with Driving while License Revoked 1st Offense, Driving Uninsured and Violation of the Registration Law by WPD Patrolman Lowell Womack on Oct. 19 following a traffic stop of McMinnville Hwy. Initial court date is Nov. 16.
• Cody Lee Rumsey, 4830 John Bragg Hwy., Woodbury, was charged with Driving On Revoked License 1st offense on Oct. 21 by WPD Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on East High St. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
• Rachel M. Srour, 120 Mason St., Woodbury, was charged with Driving on a Suspended License on Oct. 23 after she was stopped on Hurricane Creek Rd. by CCSD Detective Matt Goney for no seatbelt and a brake light out. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
• Joshua James Weimer, 120 Summit St., Woodbury, was charged with Driving on a Suspended License on Oct. 19 by WPD Ptl. Lowell Womack following a traffic stop on West Adams St. Bond was set at $1000. Initial court date is Nov. 16.
• Russell Dale Walls, 4167 Parchcorn Hollow Rd., Woodbury, was charged with Drivinging Without a License by CCSD Deputy Tommy Barker on Oct. 20 following a traffic stop on John Bragg Hwy. Initial court date is Dec. 7.
• Timothy Daniel Meeks, 1306 Allen Ave., Murfreesboro, was charged with Driving on a Suspended License and Driving With an Expired Tag on Oct. 22 by WPD Ptl. Chris Brown following a traffic stop on College St. Initial court date is Nov. 16.
• Alicia Nicole Feragola, 203 Hayes St., Woodbury, was charged with Theft Under $500 on Oct. 26 by WPD Ptl. Brent Brock. Feragola allegedly took scratch off lottery tickets from the rolls and collected money from the cash register at First Stop Market. Bond was set at $1000. Initial court date is Nov. 16.
• Kathleen Diane Farless was charged with DUI 1st Offense on Oct. 22 by WPD Sgt. John House. Farless is alleged to have been "under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic drug producing stimulating effects on the central nervous system while on the premises of TLC Apartments parking lot" on McFerrin St. Farless was reportedly unable to perform a field sobriety test. Bond was set at $1000. Initial court date is Dec. 14.
• Phillip Castillo, 1812 North West 48 St., Miami, FL, was charged with Driving on a Suspended License on Oct. 18 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Steve McMillen following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. Bond was set at $1500. Initial court date is Nov. 2.