Dazed Davis Runs Into DUI Charge
Monday, October 31, 2011 6:20 am
• Richie Joe Davis, 1164 Manustown Rd., Woodbury, was charged with Driving Under the Influence and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia on Oct. 23 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Steve McMillen.
Deputy McMillen responded to the intersection of Burt Rd. and Burt Lane for a report of someone who appeared to have driven off the roadway and was unconscious.
Upon arrival Deputy McMillen observed a Chevy Tahoe had left the roadway and struck a guide wire to a light pole and the driver, later identified as Davis, sitting behind the steering wheel. As Deputy McMillen awoke Davis he was unaware of the accident or how long he had been there.
As Davis exited the vehicle an empty beer can fell out and he was very unsteady on his feet to the point of nearly falling down. He had an odor about his person consistent with that of alcohol.
When questioned, Davis said he drank four beers at a party the night before and also smoked some marijuana.
While checking Davis for weapons, the deputy found a pipe commonly used to smoke marijuana in his left front pants pocket. The vehicle contained an empty case of Michelob Ultra beer. Davis was unable to perform field sobriety tests. He was transported to the hospital for a blood alcohol content test and then to the Cannon County Jail for booking.
• Clifford Shane Ferrell, 518 McFerrin St., Woodbury, was charged with domestic assault on Oct. 22 by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire. While Ferrell and the purported victim were in an argument, Ferrell allegedly punched out the driver's side window of the victim's car while she was seat in the driver's seat. Initial court date is Dec. 20.
• Jason Todd Tenpenny, 864 Doolittle Road, Woodbury, was charged with Theft over $1,000 on Oct. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Travis Turney. Tenpenny allegedly stole four firearms and one set of hunting waders belonging to Ronnie Smith.
The arrest stemmed from a continuing investigation into an incident which began on Sept. 3 when Tenpenny was charged with possession of methamphetamine for resale, possession of marijuana for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia, introduction of contraband into a penal institution, theft over $500, three counts of theft over $1000, carrying a weapon, maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of keeping or selling a controlled substance (two counts), manufacture of methamphetamine and manufacture of marijuana. He faces 14 charges in total. His initial court appearance is Nov. 1.
• Dustin R. Rogers, 13213 Big Springs Road, Murfreesboro, was charged with Theft over $500 on Sept. 8 by Cannon County Sheriff's Investigator Anthony Young. Rogers allegedly stole an industrial fan valued at over $600 on or about Aug. 1. Bond was set at $3,000. Initial court date is $3,000.
• Two persons, Collin Lewis Hanson of 242 Taylor Women Rd., Woodbury and Amanda Kay Wilson, 910 Jennings Court, Woodbury, were each charged with Public Intoxication on Oct. 22 by Woodbury Police Patrolman John Fesmire following an incident at McDonald's. Hanson stated he had consumed a couple of beers. He allegedly had trouble maintaining his balance and speaking clearly. Wilson was also charged with Possession of a Schedule IV Drug after a Valium was found on her person while she was being booked at the county jail. Wilson said she didn't have a prescription for the pill. Initial court date for both Hanson and Wilson is Dec. 20.
• James Lee McPeak, 70 Twin Oaks Dr., Woodbury, was charged with Theft over $1,000 on Oct. 5 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Brandon Gullett. McPeak allegedly stole a Yamaha 4-wheeler and a Chevrolet truck cab which were reportedly stolen in Rutherford County and took them to 1027 Manustown Rd. Bond was set at $3,500. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Joyce A. Leggett, 415 Doolittle Road, Woodbury, was charged with Prescription Drug Fraud Schedule II on Oct. 23 by Deputy Travis Turney.
Jared Brock Dodds, 577 Casey Rd., Morrison, was charged with speeding (79/55) and violation of the financial responsibility law on Oct. 22 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Steve McMillan following a traffic stop in McMinnville Hwy. Initial court date is Dec. 27.
• Robert Gene Pickel, 1619 Handover St., Apt. M-4, Murfreesboro, was charged with misuse of registration and violations of the financial responsibility and registration laws on Oct. 18 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Travis Turney following a traffic stop on Red Hill Rd. Initial court date is Nov. 22.
• Jason Alexander Sturdivant, 487 Page Dr., Smithville, was charged with speeding (70/55) and violation of the financial responsibility law on Oct. 21 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Matthew Parsley following a traffic stop on John Bragg Hwy. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Joshua Goff, 1530 Stones River Rd., Woodbury, was charged with reckless endangerment on Oct. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff's Investigator Anthony Young. Goff alleged passed a vehicle on Highway 53N driven by Sabastian Nova and then stopped in front of Nova, causing the vehicles to collide. The two had been in an argument prior to the incident, according to reports. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Dec. 6.