Cannon County Government is seeking applicants for the new position of Financial Director.
The director will oversee the operation of the finance department in the functions established by the County Financial Management System of 1981 and shall be responsible for the implementation of the policies of the finance committee or such special committees established by the county legislative body.
Cannon County voters approved a referendum to establish the central finance office during the August General Election in 2018.
It is being projected the office, including the position of director, will cost taxpayers close to $325,000 per year.
Requirements for the position include:
• The Director of Finance shall have BA or BS Degree with a concentration in accounting or finance from an accredited university. Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) or meet the educational and experience qualifications to sit for those credentialing exams and obtain one of these credentials within 24 months of hire. The compensation of the Director of Finance shall be established by the Financial Management Committee subject to the approval of the County Legislative Body.
• Five (5) years of experience in the field of state or local governmental accounting.
• Two (2) years of supervisor or managerial experience.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must pass a background check
• Must pass a drug test
Pay is approximately 75,000 annually based on experience, plus benefits. The initial contract will be for four years.
That annual salary amount would put the finance director behind the director of schools, county executive, sheriff and county highway superintendent and ahead of trustee, clerks of court, county clerk, register of deeds and assessor of property.
• The director shall oversee the operation of the finance department in the functions established by the County Financial Management System of 1981 and shall be responsible for the implementation of the policies of the finance committee or such special committees established by the county legislative body.
• The director shall, among the director's duties, install and maintain a purchasing, payroll, budgeting, and accounting and cash financial management system for the county that complies with the County Financial Management System of 1981 and the policies of the finance committee or such special committees established by the county legislative body.
• The director shall assist other county officials and employees in achieving an efficient financial management system for the county.
• The director has the authority to hire personnel for the finance department, provided, that the positions are funded in the annual budget and the personnel so hired meet the written job requirements as recommended by the director and approved by the finance committee
• The director shall also be responsible for implementing and/or performing all other duties as directed by the county finance committee.
Resumes are to be submitted to Brent Bush, Cannon County Executive, 200 W. Main St, Woodbury, TN 37190 no later than Friday, May 17, 2019. Resumes received after that date will not be considered.