County Commission Meeting
Tuesday, June 12 6:00 P.M.
County Clerk Bobby Smith to open meeting
A Prayer will be led by Al Bugg Jr. of the Smith Grove Church of Christ. The Pledge to the Flag will be led by Tracy Neal.
1. Roll Call - Bobby Smith
2. Summary of Last meetings minutes
3. Approval of Minutes
4. Committee Reports
5. Approve an Amendment of the Cannon County Schools budget amendments that has already passed the Cannon County School Board.
6. Approval of an Amendment from the Cannon County Election Committee to move money within its own budget.
7. Re-address the resolution to enact fees to cover the cost of the raise in salary for the General Sessions Judge after the first measure was vetoed by Executive Gannon. Pursuant to T.C.A. 5-6-107 (Veto override needs a simple majority vote. It was passed unanimously last time.)
8. Re-address the resolution to enact an Archive fee to be used for the preservation and storage of records pertaining to the county business. Pursuant to T.C.A. 5-6-107. (Veto override needs a simple majority vote. It was passed unanimously last time.)
9. The commission will consider the candidates to fill the Industrial Development Board membership.
10. Thea Prince will address the Board on behalf of the Solid Waste Committee. She will have a guest to address the board also.
11. Commissioner Neal will come forward to address the board on behalf of the county's Volunteer Fire Departments.
12. Consider a motion to require that the county attorney reside inside the county for expedience and accessibility.
13. Michael George wishes to address the commission on the scraping of fire department surplus property.
14. Approve Amendments for the County General budget.
15. Discuss and accept lowest bid for financing two used fire trucks for $130,000.
16. Glenn Steakly of the Audit Committee would like to address the commission.
Chairman of the County Commission