Child Advocacy Center recruiting sponsors for Cannon Runs

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles

The Cannon County Child Advocacy Center is recruiting sponsors for the 3rd Annual Cannon Runs for Children 5K Run/Walk.

"Child abuse victims should never have to pay for services to help them heal from the trauma of abuse," said Cannon County Coordinator Cassell Galligan-Davis. "It takes the support of generous people in our community for us to provide these critically needed services free of charge to children and their families."

Cannon Runs for Children 5K Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, June, 8, 2019. Registration starts at 6:45 a.m. at Dillon Park, welcome and instructions at 7:15 a.m., and the race begins at 7:30 a.m. The entry fees are $20 for adults and $15 for Senior Citizens. New this year, the event will be FREE for children and youth age 18 and under. Event t-shirts will be available for $15.

Runners and walkers may pre-register online at You may also register by contacting the Child Advocacy Center at (615) 563-9915 and requesting a registration form be emailed to you.

All contributions to Cannon Runs for Children will be used to provide services to Cannon County child abuse victims, child sexual abuse victims, drug endangered children and their non-offending parents and family members.

The Cannon County Child Advocacy Center works as a team with the Department of Children's Services, law enforcement, and the District Attorney's Office to respond to child abuse cases, aggressively prosecute offenders, and help children and families heal from the trauma.

Local community support is critical to the Cannon County Child Advocacy Center. All program services are provided free of charge to child abuse victims and their families. 80% of the program budget is funded by federal, state, and United Way grants while the remaining 20% is raised from the Cannon County community through fundraising events like the Cannon Runs for Children.

"The Cannon County Child Advocacy Center is grateful to all the businesses, women's groups, churches, civic groups, and individuals that are partnering with us to support this event," concluded Davis. "You are making a difference in the lives of Cannon County children!"

For more information about the event contact Cassell Galligan-Davis at the Cannon County Child Advocacy Center at (615) 563-9915 or

Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: