Amazing Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 3 Hours
Ready In: 3 Hours 50 Minutes Servings: 12
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Spray crock of a large slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker.
4. Set slow cooker to "Low". Cook until cake has no wet spots on top and has pulled away from the sides of the crock, about 3 hours. Turn off slow cooker and allow cake to rest for 30 minutes before serving.
Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes Servings: 6
"This recipe calls for broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, but you can use any of your favorites. The vegetables are stir fried with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Serve over your favorite rice."
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root,
1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup snow peas
3/4 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup halved green beans
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tablespoon salt
1. In a large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, tossing to lightly coat.
2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
Cranberry Pecan Salad
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes Servings: 6
1 cup pecan halves
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread pecans evenly on a baking sheet. Toast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix until sugar and salt dissolve. Whisk in olive oil.
3. In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, cranberries, pecans, onions, and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat.
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
Lowry's Seasoning Salt
6 bacon slices
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom (I omitted because my family does not like mushrooms)
2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
First, sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan.
To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce.
Lazy Cake Cookies
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
2 eggs beaten
1 stick melted butter
2 cups chocolate chips.
Mix together and bake in 9x13 pan on 350 for 20 min. When cooled, cut into squares.
Spray the pan with cooking spray for easy cutting and clean up. I used Butter Flavored Pam
Superb Sauteed Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes Servings: 4
"Sauteed mushrooms with a hint of wine and teriyaki sauce are the perfect topper for steak and baked potatoes."
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon red cooking wine
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, garlic, cooking wine, teriyaki sauce, garlic salt, and black pepper in the hot oil and butter until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.