Bryan Receives Probation For Child Sexual Battery
Monday, November 14, 2011 6:16 am
A man who pled guilty to sexually abusing a child received 12 years probation Nov. 10 in Cannon County Circuit Court. The docket was presided over by Judge Don Ash.
• Christopher Bryan entered best interest pleas of guilty to two counts of Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery. The victim was under the age of 13 at the time of the offenses. Bryan received two 6 year suspended sentences and was placed on Community Corrections for 6 years on each count, to run consecutive. He also received two $500 fines and was ordered to pay court costs. He must also register as a sex offender. If he violates any terms of probation he will serve his entire sentence.
• Timmy Richards pled guilty to Reckless Endangerment and to Evading Arrest. He received suspended sentences of 11 months, 29 days on each conviction and equal time on probation. The sentences will run consecutive. He was also assessed court costs.
• Mickey Russell pled guilty to Evading Arrest. He received a 2 year suspended sentence, 2 years state supervised probation, and his license was suspended for 2 years. He was also assessed court costs.
• Christopher Adams and David Nettles both entered conditional pleas of guilty to the charge of Aggravated Burglary. They were placed on Judicial Diversion for 3 years, state supervised probation for 3 years, ordered to pay restitution to the victim in the amount of $2,200, assessed court costs, and told to have no contact with, and to stay away from, the premises of the victim.
• James Pendergrast pled guilty to Violation of Probation. His probation was extended for 6 months and he was released on time served.
• Joey L. Mooneyham pled guilty to Theft of Property over $1,000. He received a 4-year suspended sentence, was released on time served, and was placed on state supervised probation for 4 years. He was also ordered to pay $2,000 in restitution to the victim, the stay away from the victim and the premises where the offense occurred, and to pay court costs.
• Tyler Green pled guilty to Violation of Probation. He was ordered to serve his entire sentence.