Walter Larry Bess, 511-A McFerrin St., Woodbury, was charged with violation of a court consent agreement and driving on a revoked license, fifth offense, by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire on March 31. Patrolman Fesmire observed a vehicle Bess was driving traveling on McFerrin St., W. Adams St. and W. Main St. The officer also saw Bess exit the driver's side door. Bess was also found to be in the same vehicle as the victim of a domestic assault, in which he is the defendant. Bess was arrested for that crime on Feb. 12, 2011 and signed an agreement to have no contact with the victim as a condition of bond. According to the warrant, it was the second time within seven days Bess violated the agreement. Initial court date is May 17.
• Jennifer Marie Reid, 2027 Ransom Dr., Murfreesboro, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on March 31 by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on W. Main St. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is May 10.
• Marcus Edward Tenpenny, 800 S. McCrary St., Woodbury, was charged with aggravated assault by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House on March 19. Bond was set at $5,000. Initial court date is April 12.
• David Wayne Seiber, 7248 Hurricane Creek Rd., Auburntown, was arrested on warrants charging him with domestic assault and motor vehicle habitual offender on April 2. The domestic assault charge stemmed from an incident on Feb. 25 and was brought by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Barker. Woodbury Patrolman Patrick Fann levied the habitual offender charge after Seiber was charged on Feb. 20 with driving on a revoked license, eight offense. Total bond was set at $10,000. Initial court date is April 19.
• Richard McLaughlin, 47 Curlee Church Rd., Readyville, was charged with DUI, second offense, driving on a revoked license, first offense, violation of the open container law, violation of the implied consent law and violation of the seat belt law on April 5 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Travis Turney. The deputy observed McLaughlin's vehicle traveling on Curlee Church Road after being dispatched there on a complaint of a possible drunk driver. After observing the driver not wearing a seat belt, Deputy Turney initiated a traffic stop of the vehicle after it turned on Bradyville Rd. After making contact with the driver, McLaughlin, Deputy Turney observed he appeared to be intoxicated and was unsteady on his seat and his speech was slurred. McLaughlin refused to submit to field sobriety and blood alcohol tests. McLaughlin had an open container of an alcoholic beverage in his vehicle. A check of his license showed it was revoked for DUI. Initial court date is May 3.
• Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Eric Moss stopped a blue Ford Taurus on April 1 due to the passengers not wearing their seat belts. The vehicle was driven by Misty Merritt. Merritt did not have a driver's license and was issued a citation for driving without a license.
• Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Eric Moss observed a white Honda Accord run the stop sign at the intersection of Highway 64 and Dickens Hill on March 30. Deputy Moss initiated his emergency equipment and stopped the vehicle at the intersection of Bradyville Road and Knox Road. The car was driven by Gretchen Hall. Hall had an open 16 ounce beer in her vehicle and she did not have insurance on the vehicle. Hall was issued citations for open container and violation of the financial responsibility law, along with a warning ticket for failure to yield.
• Nicholas James Butcher, 270 Bernell Hollow Lane, Readyville, was charged with domestic assault by Cannon County Sheriff Darrell Young on March 29. Butcher allegedly engaged in a physical confrontation with the victim. Both had been arguing and began pushing each other around, falling to the ground onto rocks. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is May 3.
In General Sessions Court on Tuesday, April 5, Troy Dale Gibson pled guilty to DUI and driving on a revoked license. He received a partially suspended sentence of 11 months, 29 days in the county jail on the DUI charge, ordered to serve seven days of the sentence, placed on probation for an equal amount of time, fined $350, assessed court costs, and lost his license for one year. On the revoked license charge, he received a six month suspended sentence, placed on probation for six months, fined $50, and lost his license for a year. The sentence will run concurrent.
• Brandson Chase McLaughlin pled guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia. He was given a suspended sentence of 11 months, 29 days and placed on probation for an equal amount of time. He was fined $50 and ordered to pay court costs.
• Jeromie W. Mashburn pled guilty to charges of violation of probation. His probation was revoked and he was ordered to serve his entire 30-month sentence.
• Ila Kay Smith, charged with DUI third offense, driving on a revoked license, and violation of probation, third offense, failed a drug screen in court and had her bond revoked. She was remanded to the custody of the sheriff's department.
• Kristy Dawn Hayes had charges of domestic assault, public intoxication an disorderly conduct dismissed without cost.