Bedwell Pleads Guilty To Drug, Assault Charges
Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:04 pm
A local man pled guilty in Cannon County Circuit Court Thursday to drug charges incurred in Sept. 2009 and to a reckless aggravated assault charge from a July incident during which he stabbed his brother.
Ronnie G. Bedwell Jr. pled guilty before Judge Robert Corlew to 2 counts of the sale of a Schedule II drug. Bedwell sold morphine to a confidential informant of the Cannon County Sheriff’s Dept. on Sept. 20 and 21 of 2009.
He was sentenced to 10 years on each count and placed on state probation. The sentenced will run concurrent. Bedwell was also fined $2,000 and assessed the court costs on each count. He will also perform 200 hours of community service.
Bedwell received an 8 year suspended sentenced for the reckless aggravated assault conviction. He and his brother were arguing over drugs when the stabbing occurred. The 8 year probation will run concurrent to the 10 year.
In other cases heard Thursday:
• Crystal McMahon was granted a 24 hour furlough to visit her estranged husband in Vanderbilt Hospital. He was taken there after sustaining serious injuries in a motorcycle accident.
• Travis Dobson was set for trial on Nov. 10.
• Mark Pless was set for motions on Oct. 7.
• Kevin Coe's request for a jury trial was set for pretrial motions on Nov. 11.
• Adam Wayne McClure was appointed the public defender on a charge of violation of probation.
• Matthew Gerald Edwards was appointed the public defender on a charge of violation of probation.