Nearly 1,000 people have signed a petition to request the Cannon County Commission to build and operate an animal shelter.
The petition will be presented to the commission Saturday, Oct. 16, by Mark VanZant, who says the problem of abandoned animals in the county has reached epidemic proportions.
Following is the full agenda for the meeting:
The Cannon County Board of Commissioners will meet in regular session on Saturday, October 16, 2010 in the Courtroom of the Cannon County Courthouse at 10:00 a.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Election of Chairman.
4. Election of Chairman, Pro-Tem.
5. Reading and approval of minutes.
6. Reports of County Officials.
7. Election of Notaries.
8. Approve Budget Amendments.
9. Approval of committees for 2010-11.
10. Reappoint Dr. Leon Reuhland as Cannon County Medical Examiner.
11. Approval of County Personnel Policies.
12. Resolution 2010-8 approval of Ambulance Director to apply for U.S.D.A. Ambulance Grant.
13. Discussion and approval of Maintenance of Effort for General Purpose School Fund.
14. Resolution 2010-9 approval of Solid Waste Recycling Equipment Grant.
15. Mark VanZant to address commission concerning Animal Shelter.
16. Other business.