Alleged Probation Violators Caught After Trying To Evade Arrest
Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:17 pm
Two men wanted on charges of violating their probation were arrested recently by members of the Woodbury Police Department and Cannon County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's Deputy Travis Turney was dispatched to High Street on Oct. 3 to assist WPD Patrolman John Fesmire and Sgt. John House with two subjects who were trying to evade arrest.
Also dispatched were Deputies Brandon Gullett and Chip Avera, and Sgt. Anthony Young.
Upon their arrival, Sgt. House had Sherman Rumsey in custody for an outstanding warrant for violation of probation.
Sgt. Young and Ptl. Fessmire searched a yard on High Street where Andrew Asbury was seen to have gone. Young and Fessmire found Asbury in the front corner of the yard. He was placed under arrest on three warrants for violation of probation and one for capias.
Both Rumsey and Asbury were transported to the Cannon County Jail and booked.
• Raine K. Patterson, 2297 K Parker Road, was charged with theft of property on Oct. 7, 2010, by Woodbury Police Patrolman Lowell Womack. Patterson allegedly attempted to take merchandise valued at $41.06 from Rite-Aid by placing them in a bag with a prescription she had purchased. When confronted by the cashier and asked for a receipt, Patterson handed over the bag and left the store, leaving behind her wallet and identification. Bond was set at $1,800. Initial court date is $1,800.
• Burt Estes Inman, 1930 Murfreesboro Road, Woodbury, was charged with Failure to Give Notice of Accident on Oct. 7 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Barker following an accident on Old Murfreesboro Road. Initial court date is Nov. 2.
• Stephen Lee Gibson, 206 Arbor Ridge Rd., Antioch, was charged with Speeding through a School Zone (47/15) and No Proof of Insurance by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Brandon Gullett on Oct. 11 following a stop at East Side School on Highway 70S. Initial court date is Nov. 23.
• Gregory Alan Campbell, 8126 Burks Hollow Rd., Christiana, was charged with Driving While License Revoked, 2nd offense, on Oct. 8 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Steve McMillen following a traffic stop on John Bragg Highway. Bond was set at $1,500. Initial court date is Nov. 8.
• Ashlynne Marie Tatum, 432 Parker Lane, Bradyville, was charged with DUI on Oct. 6 by Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper Darren Butler. The charged stems from an Oct. 31 accident on Burt Burgen Rd. Butler reported Tatum had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on her person while at the scene. The blood alcohol test came back as 0.25. Initial court date is Oct. 26.