Two of Cannon County's legislative bodies are holding their regular monthly meetings this week.
On Tuesday the Woodbury Board of Mayor and Aldermen will meet at City Hall.
The agenda released for the meeting features only two actionable items, both of which are amendments to the town's zoning map.
However, Mayor Andy Duggin says he will give an update on the town's efforts to have the county pay the landfill or "tipping fees" when its garbage trucks deposit trash there.
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen have voted to sue the county over the landfill fee issue. Duggin said he has been approached by some commissioners about working out a deal to avoid going to court but added he is ready to move forward if one can not be reached.
The town's meeting begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
On Thursday, the Cannon County Board of Commissioners will meet beginning at 5 p.m. at the Cannon County Courthouse. The agenda for the meeting includes:
• Court Security Officer Frank Matthews will address the Commission concerning a Courtroom Security Grant the county has been awarded.
• Greg Johnson is scheduled to address the Commission regarding a website for the county. According to their website, Johnson currently serves as Vice-Chairman and Web-Master for the Cannon County GOP.
• David Brown to discuss carnival / fair planning for May 2019.
• Discussion of a budget amendment from the Cannon County Board of Education to transfer money from the General Purpose School Fund to the Food Service School Fund.
• Approve Budget Policy for the 2019/20 Budget Year
• Resolution 2018-14, Commission to work with TCI and CTAS to form Joint Committee to develop plan to certify jail. The jail has not been state certified for the last several years due to overcrowding.
• Resolution 2018-15, approve Fair Board
• Steering Committee recommendations for Committees.
• Budget Amendments
• Other Business