Agenda Released For Monthly Meeting Of School Board
Monday, May 10, 2010 11:28 am
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
May 13, 2010
Cannon County High School
5:15 PM Tour of carpentry building under construction by Ed Coates’s carpentry class.
5:30 PM Reception honoring retirees.
6:00 PM Recognitions
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the April 8, 2010 Regular Meeting of the Board.
b. Approve field trips 743, 744, 753, 773, 774, 776, 784, and 788.
c. Approve Randy Gannon, Chairman, and Barbara Parker, Director, as designated signatories on Board warrants.
d. Approve Douglas Jennings as Assets Manager.
e. Approve Douglas Jennings and Shannon Bacon as authorized agents to make electronic funds transfers for the direct deposit payroll.
f. Approve CCHS non-faculty coaches.
3. Approve Project Application for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) FY 2011, Preliminary Allocation Revenue Title I-A $437,702, Title II-A $106,362, Title IID $1,516, and carry over funding, including carryover Stimulus funding, pending approval by the state and final allocations and to include all future addenda and amendments.
4. Resolution of Schneider Electric Energy Proposal. – 2 minutes
5. Approve Mowing Bids. – 2 minutes
6. Approve additional allocation from Capital Outlay of $7,600 for overhead doors for the new carpentry building at CCHS. – 2 minutes
7. Approve Negotiations Agreement between the Board and CCEA. – 1 minute
8. Greg Mitchell will update the Board on the usage of Veteran’s Memorial Gym by Junior Pro – 1 minute
9. Consider proposal from Jim Gibbs tabled at the April meeting of the Board. – 1 minute
10. Crystal Nichols will address the Board concerning Montana Hodgson being retained in kindergarten. – 3 minutes
11. Director’s Comments - 2 minutes
a. Financial Report
1. Notification has been received that we have been awarded a High Schools That Work Grant
12. The next Board Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, June 10 at 6 PM.