AG Enhancement Applications Have Arrived
Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:16 am
The June 1st deadline is fast approaching for producers to submit their 2011 Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP) applications. Applications are now at the Cannon County Extension Office and Woodbury Farmers Coop. Producers have the opportunity to participate in Cattle Genetics, Livestock Equipment, Hay Storage, Livestock Feed Storage, Grain Storage and Producer Diversification. Applications must be postmarked June 1-7, 2011 to be eligible; any applications prior to or after that time period are not eligible for cost share consideration.
Individuals wishing to participate in livestock related programs must have a valid beef quality assurance certification (BQA) at time of application. For those needing to be BQA certification, a BQA certification is scheduled for Thursday, May 26th. The certification will be held in the basement of the Cannon County Extension Office. The first session will be held at 10:00 A.M. with the second beginning at 6:00 P.M.. Along with a BQA certification, Wendy Lofton will be reviewing TAEP application in the lobby of the Extension office from 6 to 9 P.M.. As in the past, Extension plans to hand deliver completed applications on June 1st.
Please drop by at your earliest convenience and pick up a TAEP application. Become familiar with the requirements and make plans to complete the necessary documentation. Project quotes are required by Hay Storage, Livestock Feed Storage and Grain Storage. Used equipment is not eligible and each section of the application list additional ineligible items.
The eligibility requirements include;
• Applicant must be an individual Tennessee resident operating a farm located in Tennessee.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years old on application date.
• Applicant must have the ability and financial capacity to complete the project.
• Applicant must own land where permanent structures will be built
• Premises registration is required for applicants with livestock on their operations.
• Beef and Dairy cattle producers must have current TN Beef Quality Assurance at the date of application.
• Dairy producers (cattle, goats, and sheep) must be permitted by TDA to be eligible as a dairy.
• Certifications, permits and other priority requirements as specified by program must be completed by the applicant. No substitutions allowed.
Please contact the Extension Office at 563-2554 for additional information.