The 2011 Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP) applications are now available to be picked up at the Cannon County Extension Office.
Producers have the opportunity to participate in Cattle Genetics, Livestock Equipment, Hay Storage, Livestock Feed Storage, Grain Storage and Producer Diversification.
Governor Haslam has proposed a budget of $21 million for this year's TAEP program. Hopefully, the legislature will pass the proposed budget and funding will be similar to the 2010 level.
Applications must be postmarked June 1-7, 2011 to be eligible; any applications prior to or after that time period are not eligible for cost share consideration.
We plan to provide a brief overview and distribute applications at the upcoming Cannon County Cattlemen's Annual Meeting planned for April 9th.
Individuals wishing to participate in livestock related programs must have a valid beef quality assurance certification (BQA) at time of application.
For those needing to be BQA certified, a BQA certification is scheduled for Thursday, May 26th. The certification will be held in the basement of the Cannon County Extension Office. The first session will be held at 10:00 A.M. with the second beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Along with a BQA certification, Wendy Lofton will be reviewing TAEP application in the lobby of the Extension office from 6 to 9 p.m. As in the past, Extension plans to hand deliver completed applications on June 1st.
Please drop by at your earliest convenience and pick up a TAEP application. Become familiar with the requirements and make plans to complete the necessary documentation. Project quotes are required by Hay Storage, Livestock Feed Storage and Grain Storage. Used equipment is not eligible and each section of the application list additional ineligible items.
The eligibility requirements include;
• Applicant must be an individual Tennessee resident operating a farm located in Tennessee.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years old on application date.
• Applicant must have the ability and financial capacity to complete the project.
• Applicant must own land where permanent structures will be built.
• Premises registration is required for applicants with livestock on their operations.
• Beef and Dairy cattle producers must have current TN Beef Quality Assurance at the date of application.
• Dairy producers (cattle, goats, and sheep) must be permitted by TDA to be eligible as a dairy.
• Certifications, permits and other priority requirements as specified by program must be completed by the applicant. No substitutions allowed.
Please contact the Extension Office at 563-2554 for additional information.