5 Charged With Driving On Revoked/Suspended License
Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:26 am
Plus, man admits to having marijuana blunt in car.
• Justin Tyler Barrett, 935 Simpson Road, Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Aug. 14 by Cannon County Sheriff Deputy Travis Turney. Deputy Turney observed Barrett driving a 1994 GMC pickup from Simpson Rd. over onto Hollow Springs Road then onto Tolbert Hollow Road without wearing a seatbelt. Deputy Turney initiated a traffic stop as Barrett pulled into a driveway behind Hollow Springs Market. Upon speaking with Barrett the deputy determined his license was suspended. He was also issued a citation for violation of the seatbelt law. Initial court date is Sept. 6.
• Daxton Carter Burt, 777 Emberton Road, Woodbury, was charged with underage driving while impaired on Aug. 13 by Woodbury Patrolman Brent Brock. Patrolman Brock observed Burt driving his vehicle in the wrong lane on West Adams St. Burt was unable to adequately perform the standardized field sobriety test. Bond was set at $500. Initial court date is Sept. 27.
• Mary Ellen Carmack, 774 Mason Hollow Road, Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Aug. 13 by Woodbury Patrolman Brent Brock. Carmack was stopped on Summit St. in Woodbury because of a disturbance complaint from a resident on East High St. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Sept. 27.
• Amber Rhea Noris, 188 Perfection Lane, Sparta, was charged with driving on a revoked license on Aug. 12 by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire. Noris was stopped on Greenbriar St. after it was observed she was not wearing a seatbelt. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Sept. 27.
• Charlie James King was charged with driving on a revoked license, violation of the financial responsibility law and violation of the registration law on Aug. 4 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Travis Turney. Deputy Turney observed a black GMC pickup being driven by King traveling eastbound on McMinnville Hwy. He verified that King did not have a valid license and when a registration check was run on the vehicle it did not match and instead returned on a 1995 Buick, tan in color.
• Jeremy Brian Cope, 126 Gassaway Road, Woodbury, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on Aug. 9 by Woodbury Assistant Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham following a traffic stop on Old Manchester Road. After he was stopped, Cope was asked if he possessed anything illegal in his car. At first he stated no, but after being advised by APC Mooneyham that if he was in possession of a small amount of narcotics or anything else illegal and was honest he would be given a release citation, Cope admitted to having a marijuana blunt (cigar) in his car, which he voluntarily gave to officers. Initial court date was set for Sept. 20.
• Timothy Ellis was served a Capias warrant for failure to appear at 919 Reed Court on Aug. 14 by Cannon County Sheriff’s deputies Steve McMillen, Randy Neal and Travis Turney. Bond was set at $1,000. He was appointed the public defender in court on Aug. 16 and his next court date was set for Aug. 23.